Saturday 12 April 2008

An Unlikely Story

I was standing on a sea cliff gazing out at the ocean. A rumble of hoof beats made me turn round. Approaching me and the cliff at full gallop was an army of Japanese horsemen carrying spears and white flags.
I ran along the cliff and down some slopes onto the beach. I moved along until I was underneath the massive cliff and gazed upwards. No falling Japanese horsemen were visible just white clouds sailing out to sea.
So, I busied myself tightening up guy ropes that held the cliff up.
Then I moved off to where a queue had formed to see an old grey haired woman lying on a bed at the top of the beach. She was giving each person a few wise words before they moved away.
As my turn came I tripped over her bed clothes and fell flat.
No wise words for me.

No comments: