Tuesday 9 September 2008

The School Train

I had my childhood train set laid out on the floor of a big barn.
It ran from a station uphill to the door at the top of the barn.
Powered by clockwork, it looked good and worked well.
As I was looking at it I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye. It was a tiny child running to catch the train. More followed and boarded the train. All wore school uniform and had schoolbags.
Then, without me touching it, the train moved off and trundled along, up to its destination. I watched as the children disembarked and run out of the top barn door.
The train waited at the top station presumably for the schoolchildren when they came out of school.
The whole episode didn't seem that odd and I was pleased that the train set had some use.
Then the barn filled with wasps, not so pleasing.
Some balance law had asserted itself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Been a while. I just had to say that this dream roused a dejavu type feeling. Have you dreamed this before? Maybe I dreamed something similar before. Who knows?
Interesting at the end. Did the wasps take over or did the children become wasps?

~Dream Junkee

The Snoring Man said...

Hi DJ, yes I at least have dreamt a similar sort of dream before, several times. Probably not learnt its message.
The wasps more or less took over, in that I was too distracted by them to care about anything else.
Not keen on wasps.

skitzo_c said...

I wish I could help you out with that but I tend to stay away from dream interpretation.
Have the wasps ever attacked you?

The Snoring Man said...

No, never in real life, only been stung once. But been attacked big time with giant wasps in dreams.
Not sure what was worse.