Thursday 26 March 2009

Floating Visions

I was somewhere in the north of the world, walking along a river bank, heading upstream. I was with my son Callum.
It was a wide river, swift flowing.
Coming down stream were several floating trees, branches and bushes.
The frequency of this floating foliage increased.
Amongst them were round bushes. Closer inspection revealed that they were concealing egg shaped transparent boats. Within each egg was a woman in blue robes facing backwards. The branches were an attempt to camouflage the eggs.
They looked quite magical.
Callum waded out into the river, seemingly attempting to get a better mobile signal.
He fell face down into the water. I dived in to save him and pulled him ashore.
Most unlikely as he is a far better swimmer than myself.

No comments: