Friday 2 November 2007

The Gatekeeper

Scariest dream for a while. I was (it seemed) at the very furthest depths of my subconscious, a rarely visited place.
At that place was a strange garden. It had purple, dark green and red vegetation, flowers were mostly a bluish white. There was small hills scattered around with overgrown paths.
I stood at the garden fence. My overnight bag was several feet into the garden and I wanted it back. Main reason was that I wanted the charger for my mobile.
There were a few insects buzzing around but nothing larger. So, I climbed over the fence and tried to lift my bag. But, it had grown into the plants or maybe the other way round.
I tugged and tugged, then became aware of something behind. I looked round and saw a huge black dog staring at me. It seemed to have a massive, raw and natural intelligence and had instantly sized me up. I had to get away and looked at the fence which seemed a million miles away instead of the few actual feet.
I tried to jump but far too late.
I awakened to see a dark figure standing over me.
A blink and it was gone.
Back in my bed, the Underworld faded to a bad memory.

No comments: