Saturday 17 November 2007

Quality Time With The Children

I was exploring a cave with my two sons, then around 1yr and 10yrs old. The cave was massive and was full of incredible, naturally sculpted shapes, all in dark maroon. There was also a continuously revolving natural cement mixer. It had a curious revolving ring of stone. All seemed strangely alien.
We went outside and I noted that my 1yr old had found some stilts which brought him up to his big brothers height.
We walked towards a sweet shop and 1o yr old son bought some chocolate. I stood behind him in the queue and was helping the shop owner to clear out broken glass from his shop display.
I turned to buy some more chocolate and found that it had all disappeared, to the dismay of my 1yr old.
We went outside and started to walk home. It had heavily snowed in our time in the sweet shop.
Suddenly lightning struck the grassy path in front of us. Not just one bolt but continuous and multi pronged lightning.
Another salvo burst closer to our position. Another behind. It totally destroyed anything it struck.
We ran back towards shelter in the sweet shop. But it had dissolved and had disappeared like a fading dream.
As of course it all was.

3 comments:

Decipherous said...

Keeping them as children instead of the young adults they BOTH are...allowing that to happen seems like a scary attack of lightning bolts?

The Snoring Man said...

Nice try . .

Decipherous said...

..to help. Do you know me at all?