Monday 27 April 2009

Rabbits and the Planning Department

I was out on the back garden of my old council house, watching my two pet rabbits annoy the next door neighbour. The rabbits had a door that led straight onto his garden.
I agreed with his request to remove the door.
I also resolved to improve their water supply which was in an old sink on top of a small brick mountain.
Suddenly three men in suits appeared, with clipboards and measuring tapes. The local planning officers no less. Such superb service.
One immediately started measuring the back garden, marking off triangles.
The others asked for my mother, who was in the house, trying on fur coats and hats with my auntie.
One of the officers shouted, "Its me"
As my mother appeared, he said, "Remember me, it's Mr Mee?"
A hopeful start.

No comments: