Saturday 27 January 2007

Mobile features

Last night I was at a funeral, which sported a full pipe band, not sure whose it was, don't think it was mine.
My task, when it was over, was to put all the hose (I think that's the name of the coloured stuff that goes in the socks), into my washing machine. They were all blue.
As I was doing this, which oddly was in the middle of the church service, my mobile gave a loud peep. I thought f***, should have switched it off. I glanced at the screen and a map of the church and its surroundings came on screen. A circle (washer shaped) was approaching the church. The letters CH were alongside the circle. I knew it to be the initials of a person in my mobile address book. An unknown (to me) feature of my mobile was to show the proximity of phones used by my phonebook contacts. Always learning.

3 comments:

The Editor said...

This mobile feature appears to serve as an early warning device, a radar system, if you will.. Thus allowing for avoiding action such as benefitted the RAf in their triumph over the Luftwaffe, summer 1940.

In this world not all washers are friendly.
The central issue here is who CH is?
Charlton Heston springs to mind president of the National Rifle Association.

The Snoring Man said...

The president of the NRA would certainly give me a moments pause as he approached me in church.
On the other hand CH could signify my recent problem with my Cold taps producing Hot water.

The Editor said...

I find I'm blowing a bit hot and cold on that one, but this whole washer thing does smack rather of plumbing in general...