Monday 29 January 2007

The tunnel, a sex change and a helicopter.

Three dreams last night. In the first I was following an old railway track to get home, it went into a tunnel. Luckily a train came through just before I entered, an old steam train. I then assumed it was safe to carry on through. As luck would have it, when I was half way through, I met a gang of thugs from the Other Side, presumably following the same logic. A brief but violent fracas ensued which effectively woke me up.
In the second dream I met the wife of a friend of mine who had been in hospital. She shouted at me for not visiting him and I replied that I was just following his wishes. We then started to fight each other and I noted that during the struggle she turned into a man. This trauma successfully woke me up for a second time.
In the third dream I was walking through a northern coastal town when a helicopter went out of control above me and crashed into a nearby lamp post. A man I was with pulled the pilot out of the burning wreck. Two other helicopters above also seemed about to crash. I moved to the top of an alley leading down to the harbour to get a signal for my mobile to call for help.
I glanced at my mobile keypad and all the keys had fallen off. I tried to remember where 9 should be. At this critical juncture a man appeared from the alley and tried to snatch my mobile. A further violent struggle ensued which woke me for the final time. Yawn.

1 comment:

The Editor said...

we are safely half-entered in a tunnel but there is danger instead. A woman turns into a man precipitating a more serious crisis. A man loses control, crashes to earth and is consumed by alchemical fire. The authorities are out of reach, there is more crashing and burning ahead...