Sunday 28 January 2007

Women of Power

Last night I went to church but all the seats were taken. I decided to 'bunk off' and went round the side of the church where I ascended Ben Nevis by the path. At the top I sat with my legs dangling over the North Face and spotted the female minister and my mother descending a scary system of ledges. I was mortified that they had apparently already made a difficult ascent and were now going down a route that petrified me. I felt unable to follow. The humiliation was compounded by the fact that they had done a severe route and were heading back in time for the church service.

2 comments:

The Editor said...

Back to some well worn themes here, I'm afraid, all associated with late adolescense.
A young man on the edge; mature women possibly in tweeds, who knows where it could lead? Be afraid, be very afraid!

The Editor said...

...i wouldn't go down that route if I was you.