Friday 22 June 2007

The Auction

Running down a steep, grassy hill with my girlfriend. We were heading towards a car auction half way down the hill. It was a white Saab of around 1970 vintage. The car belonged to my aunt Alice, who died around 25 years ago. She was present and was also the auctioneer. Other relatives were all around. My girlfriend overshot the auction and stopped downhill, and slowly returned. The others asked who she was and I said her name was Alice. The auctioneer and my girlfriend seemed then to be the one person. The bidding was to start at £500. The car was worth several times this as it was in 'as new' condition. I thought I would put in the starting bid, which I did. I then realised that it was a fix, as they intended to give me the car for the £500, a real bargain.

No comments: