Monday 30 July 2007

A Most Peculiar Beach.

I turned off the road heading for The Seaside. Not looking promising but I've heard it is good. A line of factories at the road end.
I approach the run down buildings only to find they are only a front, a wooden facade hiding the most extraordinary beach.
I squeeze through a gap in the wooden brickwork and find sand as far as the eye can see. The sand is wet underfoot as I head to the distant water. The beach dips sharply down and much to my surprise, about 5 miles away and several thousand feet below I see the Proper Seaside Town.
But, it looks like where I am standing has recently been covered by high tide. How does that work? The Town must be under at least 3000 feet of seawater twice a day. Fascinating.
Then I see some of the cast of Still Game run out of a beach hut and swim naked in a nearby rock pool.
Its all too much and I wake up in my nice dry bed, with the tide still out.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Just to prove that I do read your blog, thought I should leave you a comment. The notion of something not being what it seems is a frequent feature of your dreams. Are you trying to convince yourself that something is what you think it is rather than confronting what you know is the reality, just a thought.

The Snoring Man said...

Reality, dreaming and my perception seem to be interchangeable.
And, yes, you are probably right.