Sunday 6 January 2008

The Final Corner

More snow last night. Deep snow and then a good solid freeze.
I had made a New Year Resolution. More exercise.
Accordingly I made my way to Ben Nevis to climb the last great problem, the 'Final Corner'.
There was a group of other climbers at its foot assessing the possibilities.
I pushed past them all and started a solo ice climb.
It seemed easy enough, bridging up the vertical corner.
Nearly there I thought, piece of cake.
Then a rapid word association in my brain, cake, eating too much sugar, Christmas just gone, no exercise yet, unfit, overweight, should not be here ie 50 metres above the ground.
So, I fell, down, down, down into my duvet and my final corner.
Will start the more exercise regime tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

The Snoring Man said...

Thanks :-)