Sunday 20 January 2008

Seated in the Basin

I must have dropped off to sleep. When I awoke I wondered where I was, not in my bed obviously.
I looked around, all rocks and a breathtaking drop at my feet.
I was wearing my old tweed jacket, some dark trousers and my flat cap.
Rather uncomfortable though, I was sat on some rough and damp rocks.
Then I realised exactly where I was, ie perched in the 'Basin' of the Orion face on Ben Nevis.
Somewhere I had, unfortunately, never visited in my waking life.
Some roped climbers arrived, doing the Long Climb, and told each other there was some old guy sat on his own and wondered how the f*** had he got there.
Characteristically, I was no wiser myself.
I woke up before finding out how the problem was solved.
Perhaps I disappeared in front of their eyes.

No comments: