Monday 27 August 2007

Extreme Resolution.



This was an image from a recurring dream in which I let my young son walk across a piece of rotting sackcloth which covered a large hole in the floorboards. Below the hole was a big drop into the basement and deeper. Skeletons from the past were all buried down there.

I always intended to have the hole fixed but never got round to the job. Familiar or what?

Anyway last night's dream featured such a house along with a small cottage and a semi detached villa on a hillside. I was in a shed below the houses when a friend in a small jet, armed with a napalm gun, fired a burst into the air as a demonstration and then roared off over the horizon. The burning napalm fell onto the houses setting them alight.

I stood in the shed holding onto a water tap whilst others fixed a hosepipe onto the tap and extinguished the fires.

I did my bit by turning the tap on but it felt very little compared to the others, some of whom rescued people from the buildings.

More familiar feelings, but at least the hole in my floor job had at last been resolved.

No comments: