Tuesday 28 August 2007

The Leather Hill and the UFO

I stood on top of a black leather hill. It was very tempting to slide down its 50 degree slope. At the foot of the slope was a 2 foot high grey fur border. A soft landing. But at the other side of the fur was a 40 foot vertical drop onto a railway line where a diesel locomotive was chuntering away. A hard landing. So, I decided to walk through my old housing estate. I had with me two men. We passed each other an ornately patterned club. Handy for walking about the estate. I looked into the sky where several aeroplane contrails were visible. One was wagging about in a very unnatural manner. Above the trails, unnaturally, was a dark cloud. In the cloud was a giant UFO or steel bird, the size of Dundee or thereabouts. It was black with folded wings. Clouds kept drifting below it. It was very scary looking and seemed to be waiting . . Then a small aircraft flew by with a faltering engine. It flew upside down and crashed behind some houses. White lights shot up into the sky from the crash site. Something was beginning to happen . . . Finally!

No comments: