Friday 28 September 2007

Next Generation Flooring

I lived on the 2nd floor of a block of flats. On the ground floor lived Mr and Mrs C, the first floor being occupied by two gay men. I lived on the second floor with several floors above me, where various individuals lived. On the top floor lived a single woman.
The singular thing about the building was that it was hollow with no floors as such. People lived on balconies around the inner walls.
However floors did exist if you believed they did, but remaining invisible.
The trick was not to lose faith when half way across.
My dog, Max, ambled easily across if he so wished.
I was a lot less confident.
Sitting on a chair on my balcony I gazed down at the two gay men, on a settee, below me. No sign of Mr and Mrs C.
A movement above arrested my attention. Top flat woman had parked her 4 x 4 on her invisible flooring. She then racked up her belief system and, attaching herself to the vehicle's winch, lowered herself through all the floors towards me. I gulped a sort of 'good morning and well done' into some sort of incoherent sentence, and watched as she pressed a button on her remote control, which sent her spiralling up the way she had come.
Out of my reach . . .
The power of thought, it's all in the mind.

4 comments:

Decipherous said...

'Its all in the mind'
and in the decision to believe.
Would the skirts have swung it?

The Snoring Man said...

I believe that the Next Generation Flooring would just encourage more trousers to be worn.

The Editor said...

That bloody dog is walking on thin ice in any case, how many lives has it got left?

The Snoring Man said...

Dog seems pointedly more fitter than me at the moment.
It may be a close run event.