Wednesday 5 September 2007

Religion, Women and Football.

Last night I was sitting in the congregation of a large church.
Not a usual occurence.
Just before the sermon all the men got up and walked out. Excellent I thought, leave me with all the women.
But, I was noticed, and some of the men 'ushered' me out as well.
Apparently we were all going to watch a football match on a large screen.
Not liking football I sat at the very back where I couldn't see the screen.
I spoke to a large, fit looking guy next to me and said that we were all right here, right at the very back, out of sight and sound of the screen.
He glared at me and said that he was the projectionist and also starred in the film.
Football and Religion, if its not one or both, its the other, that's leaving out the women altogether.

2 comments:

The Editor said...

"What are you - a Celtic or Rangers man?"

The Snoring Man said...

A Ladies man