Wednesday 26 September 2007

The Pursuit

I am being chased through the streets of Perth by a man and woman, both known to me and both armed with revolvers. Not sure why they are after me, but must have done something to seriously bug them. People scatter in all directions.
I keep ahead of them, run through the shopping mall and into a shop. I hide under some duvets and they try to find me. Suddenly I am discovered. They aim to shoot. At that moment some friends arrive. The interuption allows me to kick the gun out of the man's hand. Real TV stuff.
I capture the man and the others capture the woman.
I take him to a nearby house where the owner offers us a cup of tea. We gratefully accept.
The captured man spits his out. "It's Earl Grey!" he roars.
I then take him, still with his arm up his back, to my house where I keep a choice of teas for just such an emergency.
Surely the pursuit wasn't just about my preference for Earl Grey? It sets me thinking . .
The journey to the police will have to wait.

1 comment:

The Editor said...

People who drink that pretentious beverage Earl Grey or worse - Lady Grey, should be be severely dealt with.

There's nothing worse than being offered a cup which turns out, after all the thirsty anticipation, to be nothing more than a poison chalice of that ghastly oil of petulli or whatever.