Thursday 7 February 2008

Wishful Thinking


I went into my old council house around teatime.
I was pleasantly surprised by the presence of my mum and dad, who I thought to be dead.
Tea was ready and waiting.
Another surprise was my dog Max, who I thought currently to be lying on his rug at death's door.
He came towards me wagging his tail, having eaten the bacon I had cooked for him earlier and drunk some of his water.
Alas I woke up, mum and dad still dead and Max still lying on his rug. Bacon and water untouched.
Max was to die later that day on his final visit to the vet.
Eighteen years old and now at the bottom of my garden. Woof.

3 comments:

The Editor said...

"What's he got in his mouth?!!!"

The Snoring Man said...

Yes, almost everything has been in his mouth over the years. The picture shows the results of moss scavenging.
Floor pickings declined severely since V departed and the Dyson arrived.
That cry has not been heard for some time.

Decipherous said...

Your mum and dad were letting you know they would look after him for you now. x