Wednesday 27 February 2008

Lucid Handlebar Repair

Yet another cycle run, must be telling me something.
This time a real alpha male was determined to take several of us out on the bikes.
We were each handed a machine that appeared around 100 years old.
Our complaints were ignored and he stormed off on a penny farthing out the road towards Crieff. I myself was armed with a rickety 3 wheeler and went to nose into a line of traffic, determined to catch up with our annoying leader.
Hold on I thought, traffic a bit odd.
In fact the cars and lorries were all pedal driven.
Excellent I thought, must be the end of the world's oil.
This oddity made me realise it must be a dream.
I therefore magically cured an annoying twist in my handlebars and set off at speed, overtaking pedal cars with gusto.
We all congregated at a roadside cafe and demanded lunch from the now not so alpha leader.

ps Was woken up from this dream by a violent knocking at the door. I went out to check, nobody around.
Must have been an earthquake.

1 comment:

skitzo_c said...

Congrats on the lucidity!!
You must have stolen some of mine. ;P

I hate getting awakened from a lucid dream. At least you got some free eats out of the dream before you were awakened.