Sunday 4 February 2007

The Industrial Mice Company

Last night I was awakened by strange noises in my living room, sort of construction type noises. I went through and found that a colony of mice had almost finishing building a house in a corner.
It wasn't the usual straw or bits of paper and stuff that mice generally employ for their houses but a proper brick affair with windows and a roof etc. I was impressed but annoyed.
I was also a bit peeved as I had spent months trying to put in a new kitchen and they had completed a much grander project overnight. Then I really woke up.

1 comment:

The Editor said...

"The best laid plans of mice and men..."

These mice are probably prepared to put in a proper days work and don't keep stopping for endless tea breaks filling their day with idle speculations. Of course they may be Franklin Mice.