Wednesday 21 February 2007

The Wild Hunt

I was part of a large group of people all wildly running in a straggly group. We were being hunted and herded by velociraptor type creatures (bit like the Beano creatures from the last post but with serious teeth). They had previously been domesticated but had escaped. They were very intelligent and continually stopped to confer with each other and plan their attack. The people seemed stupid and witless in comparison. Everybody tried to get into the middle of the groups as stragglers were quickly seized. I dashed out of the group to pick up a large stick to defend myself but the wood was rotten. A creature watched me with quiet amusement.
We ran alongside a fence, reassuringly man made, and I climbed through to the 'other side', until I realised that it had been erected by the creatures and we were all being funnelled towards our fate.

2 comments:

The Editor said...

Your wood was rotten and you were powerless, toothless in comparison?
Squeezed through a hole? these creatures, what sex might they have been? Some well worn themes here.

The Snoring Man said...

I could guess at their sex, but jings, am I the only one to have problems with these creatures?
Getting mine into the open at least. Maybe I could get some sort of special wood treatment as a starter.