Wednesday 14 February 2007

Marooned

I was at the top of a high building with several women. The top of the building consisted of a series of giddy and shaky walkways. The only security was rusty handrails. There was a stairway, like a fire escape, which led downwards. The women carefully climbed down, but the steps got further and further apart. They had to lower themselves or jump onto the next step. The rusty handrail disappeared at the crucial point. A slip would be fatal. It came to my turn but I could not do it. I was too scared. There was no security, a slip then death seemed certain. The women could do it but not me.
I resigned myself to staying marooned on top of the building forever.

4 comments:

Cynnie said...

I once had a dream about going across a huge lake , or maybe it was the ocean..on a teeny rickety bridge/ road..

it was terrifying

The Snoring Man said...

Sounds like you were in a scary and risky situation.
Were you?

The Editor said...

In review,(and I don't want to reveal too much here) but this seems to usefully encapsulate one's personal history, vis-a-vis the 'fairer sex'.

The Snoring Man said...

Yes, I am gradually unravelling myself here for all the world to see.