Saturday 24 February 2007

Nothing Sacred

Alone and walking endlessly through a bog towards a distantly remembered pool. It was in the furthest corner of my mind, a deserted and seldom visited place. As I approached I recalled from years ago that it was deep and crystal clear containing beautiful fish. But I knew if I got there I would be at the furthest possible point from any safety. Suddenly, as I rounded a corner which revealed the pool, I saw a thriving water sports centre that had opened at the pool side. Young people milling about with kayaks, mobile phones and ipods etc
I was shocked but realised that even at that remote place in my subconcious there could be surprises and possible places of safety.

2 comments:

The Editor said...

Things have certainly moved on since the 50's. Nowadays it's all market driven, have you got an ipod yet? You could be missing out on something.

The Snoring Man said...

I think I did have one but the tapes kept breaking and I chucked it out. Don't really miss it since I got my 8GB Nano.