Saturday 8 December 2007

A Christmas Meal

Felt like a nightmare last night but not so much on reflection.
I was queueing for a Christmas meal in a giant canteen. When my turn came I had to cut my own bit of roast beef. I started to cut but found it was raw. Others behind urged me to cut a bit for them as well. Feeling a bit queasy I just cut my own and got some vegetables as well and headed towards the tables. There were hundreds of tables and people were seated in groups. I found a space and put my plate down and went to look for cutlery. When I returned my plate had disappeared. I looked around and was met by laughter from people around my place. I started to tip the tables in a rage but they were too heavy so I stalked off looking for a dessert.
The drinks and desserts were in huge glass vats full of coloured liquid.
I just wanted a Coke.
Not finding any I scooped a plate of pink liquid.
It was full of wriggling creatures.
Feeling even more queasy I decided that the meal idea had to be abandoned.

No comments: