Monday 24 December 2007

Motorcycling Accident

Last night I worked for the ambulance service. My first call of the day was to a supermarket car park where there had been a motorcycle accident.
It was pretty grim. A motorcyclist lying beside his machine with his left leg some distance away.
I got him and the leg into the ambulance after trying to stop the bleeding and gave him pain killers.
Then I went for my lunch.
After an hour or so I remembered him and drove madly to the hospital, hoping he would be ok.
But the hospital was shut, in fact abandoned for a number of years.
I remembered a new one had been built just around the corner.
I radioed ahead that a one legged motorcyclist was about to arrive.
'Another one!', was the slightly confusing reply.
I pulled up at the front door to be met with an efficient welcoming team.
They opened the ambulance doors and were puzzled at the empty space where I thought I had safely stowed the casualty.
An explanation was obviously due which, unsurprisingly, I was not able to give.

No comments: