Saturday 29 December 2007

Fawlty Towers

I was staying the night in a hotel on the northern tip of Scotland. I was with my youngest son and his mother.
I decided to check for fire escapes as we were on the top floor.
I circled the top landing, passing an ongoing, noisy, ball in a big room.
I seemed to circle lower as I circumnavigated the top floor.
Eventually I found myself on a rocky beach outside big pillars which supported the hotel. No problem with a fire escape I thought, although where our room was in relation to where I was, I had no idea.
So I returned, Found my son and sat at a dining table for a meal.
The table and floor sloped alarmingly but we persevered.
Sid James and his mother came and sat at our table. Should be fun.
The waiter arrived and threw food at all the tables for people to catch as they chose.
A rough and unexpected procedure.
Luckily I caught a cup of Earl Grey tea and placed it in front of me.
It promptly slid onto Sid James lap and his mother and I tried to dry it off with pre caught napkins.
At another table sat John Cleese and when he saw the Earl Grey/Sid James caper he promptly jumped up and photographed the scene.
The evening promised well.

No comments: