Wednesday 12 December 2007

A Rubbish Mobile

I took a bus trip last night. One of the things I do when on a bus or otherwise stationary on a seat is to sort out my pockets. I firstly rummaged through my anorak, which has numerous and sometimes forgotten pockets. I found an assortment of receipts, coins, coloured stones, nuts and bolts, odd pieces of metal and bits of string. Usual boy stuff. Trouser pockets were similar, especially those weird pockets around the knees.
Anyway, returning the coins to one pocket only, I felt I had 'tidied' myself up considerably.
The bus arrived at my destination and I disembarked clutching the detritus in one hand.
I then chucked it all into a rubbish bin in a graceful arc.
To my intense surprise the stuff seemed to catch onto the lamp post holding the bin and all join together to form an incredibly beautiful and tinkling, suspended mobile.
I carefully took it from above the bin and carried it off.
Christmas, sorted.

No comments: