Friday 19 October 2007

All at Sea

I was at a Perthshire cottage for an annual visit with my mens group. I looked out of the window and expected to see the usual magnificent view. Instead was leagues of water.
The alpha male of the group, wondered what my problem was with the water. I answered that it was not what I expected. A wooded glen turned into an ocean.
I opened the front door which led out onto a deck and saw that the cottage was in fact a paddle steamer.
I looked down into the clear water and saw that it was really deep with a particular deep bit just under the paddles of the cottage/steamship. The temptation was to dive in for a swim but the deep, menacing part under the paddles was really scary.
I called off my submersion plan and returned back into the cottage.
Defeat.
What was that all about I wonder?

1 comment:

Decipherous said...

The group keeps you from having to get into the water. (emotion)
From having to deal.
You know all this.