Tuesday 2 October 2007

Isolation



Last night I felt that I was totally alone. My choice. But then I realised that I wasn't anywhere remotely familiar. Another planet in a way. I also knew that I had no money. My bank accounts no longer existed.

However I found some chocolate buttons on the floor and quickly scooped them up. Security!I suppose the point is that I have never really been on my own, certainly not for any length of time.

When I awoke there was actually some chocolate buttons on the floor, alas they belonged to the dog.

The painting is one I did earlier, for much the same sort of dream, although that time I was on an alien planet for sure. No chocolate for light years.

4 comments:

Decipherous said...

Did Terry Wogan exist on this world?
(Thinking of moving you see....)
Being alone doesn't mean you are free. But that may not be the point.

The Snoring Man said...

Yes, voted ikon of the last forty years, bit grim.
I'm no longer sure of the point myself.

Decipherous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Decipherous said...

Good sign.
('bout being alone, not Tel)