Thursday 25 October 2007

Grand Day Out

I spotted an army tank on a hillside. Climbing up towards it I was headed off by two soldiers carrying machine guns.
As it was a fine day, I thought I would climb the hill anyway. The exercise and the fresh air would be good for me. The soldiers followed and at one point opened up with their weapons, soil and heather erupting all around me. I objected to their behaviour and they explained they were just aerating the dry ground.
Not really believing them I continued my climb, keeping an eye on these cowboys.
I came across a deep gully which promised a quick if exciting and steep way down.
I scrambled down but was dismayed to see that the soldiers were also descending with disconcerting expertise.
They were not happy until I reached the bottom and they wandered off towards their beloved tank. Also I had some exercise and fresh air
Job done.

No comments: