Saturday 6 October 2007

A new torch and a shave.

I wanted a new torch. So I climbed to the top of a 100' tall tower by a steep iron staircase. At the top was a huge room where a retirement party was in full swing. I asked the retiring guy if he had a torch. He gave me his old one which was a fantastic affair, which seemed would light up the universe.
I thanked him and climbed back down by a vertical pole, scary. At the bottom I found I had to reverse the entire process to open the door to get out.
Exhausted I left clutching my new source of illumination.

Next I went into a chemist for a shave. I opened a trap door in the middle of the floor to access a tap. A black underground river surged around 60' below. I filled a plastic tub with water and managed to clutch Max as he slid towards the opening. The chemist told me to empty used shaving water on the chemist shop roof where it would run down the drainage pipes onto the ground and so into the underground river.
His place, his rules, I suppose.

No comments: