Tuesday 30 October 2007

The House Next Door.

I went into a birthday party for a one year old new child I seemed to have. The party was in a hotel that we were staying at, and the mother and other children all had pixelated faces. Just as well.
A large group arrives including son C and his friend L. They were fresh from a long walk to see an extinct volcano. I was a bit jealous of their expedition.
It all makes me want to get some fresh air, so I wander outside and walk up a narrow lane past some houses. Out of the first house comes a man just beaming over with excitement. I watch as he enters the neighbours house with the exclamation that he is entering the best house in the world. I am intrigued and watch as several other men enter the same house with the same sentiments.
What is in that house? A brothel, a men's group, another universe, their childhood or whatever men really want?

2 comments:

Decipherous said...

Their mothers?
Pixelated faces-other women are a distorted version of yer mammmy.
Or.
Yer mammy distorts how you see other woman.
'Just as well'?

The Snoring Man said...

All true probably.
Pixelation usually implies 'no publicity please'
'Just as well', I hear someone cry.