Sunday 14 October 2007

Diving Down to Town

I went diving with son C and two others including Drew our old instructor. I was given the job of Safety Officer, which involved writing stuff onto a pad with an indelible pencil. Big responsibility.
We dived down about 30 metres to a submerged town. Crystal clear water and the town just like it had been when it had been submerged.
I noted things like air pressures and times onto my pad. Probably should have remained on the surface like a proper Safety Officer.
I turned to look around at the town and then back to my fellow divers. They had all disappeared somewhere.
Then, walking along the street, came a man with a small girl. Seemed spooky as they were without diving gear. Like drowned people walking.
I tried to speak to them but they passed me by.
I was getting worried about C and the others. Air would be running out.
Then another small girl appeared wearing a blue dress and stopped to speak.
I asked her if she knew where the divers were and she replied that they were in trouble and would show me where.
I followed her to a nearby Spar shop and saw them inside. They had swum through a lobster pot type of entrance and could not get out. They were clutching bottles of beer and whisky.
I kicked the front door down allowing them to escape.
Drew asked me to note down all what had happened. Good practice he said.
I turned to thank the little girl but she was gone.

No comments: