Monday 17 March 2008

Floppy Disc

Lately I have been building a curved bench that faces my bonfire pit. Sort of place that I imagine sitting with a glass of wine watching the sunset.
Some of the construction involved long bolts, which still need trimming.
As I binned my angle grinder a few weeks ago, they still stand proud.
However my dream allowed me still to have my angle grinder again which I switched on. It hummed away quite normally.
Going to cut the bolts however resulted in a soft flapping sound.
The angle grinder, particularly the disc, had turned to rubber.
I threw it away in disgust remembering that I had already thrown it away.
Sort of a floppy ghost had taken its place.
Impotence.
Not in the usual department however, but probably elsewhere.

2 comments:

The Editor said...

I suspect that 'tool' was a purchase from Wickes or worse some special offer at Lidl.

False economy like so many things in life prove to be.

The Snoring Man said...

I think I pinched it out of the back of your van.