Thursday 27 March 2008

Global Warming

Heavy rain last night, flooding all around. I got son C to dig a drainage ditch to release water from my driveway during the night.
In the morning I looked out and was astonished to see a tunnel dug from near the driveway towards my garden pond. Some animal had enlarged C's ditch.
Then saw who was responsible.
Out of the tunnel ambled a wolf, two foxes and a badger. A veritable wildlife park.
I shouted sons C and R to the window.
I took photos of the vistors.
We went out and peered into the tunnel.
They had stockpiled dog food as if for a seige.
Then saw that my little pond had grown.
It was now part of the North Sea and sported a fine beach.
As if to underline the quality of the sands, day trippers arrived down my driveway with surfboards, picnic tables, the lot.
Life had changed since that shower of rain.

No comments: