Saturday 8 March 2008

Schrodinger's Dog

Son C and I were on the living room carpet playing with quantum particles. A whole section of the floor seemed to be in a quantum flux. Bits of carpet were duplicated, appeared and disappeared constantly. Great fun.
Then two men came in the back door, unannounced. One very tall and the other very short.
They had been sent by my local vet on behalf of our deceased dog Max. They were returning old toys, collars, baskets etc of his.
The taller one said to the shorter,
"Guess what these two were doing on the carpet when I came in? F****** quantum stuff !"
Knowing looks were passed between them and then the taller found some chocolate lollipops on top of a cupboard that Max had hid there.
He put them in the fridge (I think) with orders that we were not to eat them and left.
Were they there or not?
Job done.
C and I returned to the world of photons and bosons.

No comments: