Monday 10 March 2008

The Watering

The hippies had taken over a giant, multi story car park. They had planted flowers/vegetables etc almost everywhere in the tons of earth they had imported from somewhere. Bit overpowering.
Shelters had been built for people to live in.
I lived there.
I saw K, who I had stuff to sort out with, also living there.
I asked if she wanted to go for a walk among the levels to chat. No reply.
Instead I got a large watering can and went a walk by myself, doing watering en route.
I watered a large, dry looking central plant.
Satisfying, it seemed to appreciate the water.
I carried on, watering as I walked.
A hard core hippy approached me,
"What are you doing? Are you looking for 'The Ministry'?"
I said that I was just out for a walk.
She carried on and then screamed,
"He has watered Plant Central !"
I looked and saw that the large dry central plant that I had just watered was wriggling and growing into massive proportions.
Sort of a Triffid creature.
Excellent.
An evacuation was in progress.

2 comments:

Decipherous said...

Give her an inch (or a drop) and she'll take a mile... (or become a monster)
What do you make of 'the Ministry'?

The Snoring Man said...

Ministry For Resolving Problems With Snoring Men?