Monday 12 March 2007

Ben Nevis Estate

No dream last night so another from the archives. It was when I had a love affair with Ben Nevis, actually I probably still do. The housing estate that I lived in at the time handily transported itself to the slopes of the Ben. I could then walk out of my front door and begin climbing. Maybe that's an ideal that I aspire to, bringing the things I like together into one place (woman?). Alas the opposite seems to be what actually happens. Also, I now struggle to get out of bed, never mind doing a winter ascent of Tower Ridge.

2 comments:

The Editor said...

From memory, this painting looks like a fairly accurate depiction of Fort William.

The Snoring Man said...

Yes, I think I have secretly wanted to live in Fort William for years. I'm a schemie at heart.