Friday 23 March 2007

The Motorcycle and the Tower Block

I roared off on my new 1000cc motorcycle, heading somewhere, I didn't care. Up a steep hill I powered, now off road. Higher and higher effortlessly up to the very summit. I reached it, pleased as punch. Well done bike! I teetered on the very tip. I tried to turn, suddenly terrified, no way down, the hill had unfairly increased its gradient. Was I destined to remain forever perched on my now useless and traitorous machine, like some exhibit?

I then eased myself into another dream where I was climbing endlessly up stairs inside a tower block with Max my dog, who suddenly rebelled at the exercise and ran back down to the ground floor. Near the top a stair gave way underneath me, leaving a yawning gap and cutting off my retreat. I carried on to the top flat where I found Callum, my son now living. Had a nice wee chat with him and tried to head back down to find Max. Realised I had left my jacket, so returned but noticed through the glass door a purple coat shaped blur that could only be his mother. Not sure what to do then, seeing her was problematical and the stairs downwards had a large gap. Awoke before having to resolve this problem.

Some common themes emerging.

1 comment:

The Editor said...

It's not always possible to retrace one's steps, more especially with regard to family matters. I refer here to the 'purple blur' and others.