Wednesday 28 March 2007

I would if I could

Climbing up inside a block of flats (again!) to visit my girlfriend (I wish). Behind me came this other guy, a rival in love. As I was expected and, presumably, he not, I decided against a stairhead battle outside her door, I turned around to deal with him. At this point my girlfriend appeared at the door, looking for me. She saw the situation and decided to de fuse it by asking the rival inside for a quick chat (I hoped!). He went inside, saying to her that she couldn't possibly be serious about me. She replied that my name was Peter Wood, that I was well named, and apart from anything else, whilst I was waiting for a few minutes, I would be able to build something impressive outside her door, made of course, from wood.
That will teach me.
ps I think she must have made that name up.

2 comments:

The Editor said...

Apart from the obvious 'Woody' erectile connotation, 'Thick as two short planks' jumps out at one, unless we consider that erstwhile bird of the same name, also sexual in nature, the Cock-a-tiel?

The Snoring Man said...

Not feeling jealous by any chance?