Thursday 22 March 2007

To really sea life

Woke up feeling really crap this morning. May have had something to do with the dream. I was standing outside a clifftop hotel somewhere on the west coast of Scotland. I walked up to the cliff edge and saw that the sea was flat calm and incredibly clear. I could see straight through the water to the sand and rocks on the sea bed. Not just at the shore but far out to the horizon the sea was totally transparent. The variety and colours of fish were amazing, totally enthralling. More Red Sea than Atlantic. Also the dolphins, huge friendly faced creatures coming right up to the shore, jumping, somersaulting and diving. I turned to the hotel door to call my son and his mother, just inside the porch. "You must see this," I shouted. They rushed to the clifftop but the sea had returned to its normal state, grey, opaque, breaking waves and no dolphins. They wondered what I was on about. I couldn't believe the change and felt totally crap.

1 comment:

The Editor said...

There's a distinct possibility that you may be living in a world of your own.

On the other hand the circumstances surrounding the greying up of the ocean,
can mean only one thing...