Friday 2 March 2007

Fruit Cake and Mice

Suddenly I needed a snack. Naturally enough, I decided to toast two slices of fruit cake. I retired to a safe distance and awaited results. Unexpectedly I heard noises coming from the toaster, suspiciously like cries for help. I pulled out the plug and peered inside. A crumb snacking mouse had been in the process of being toasted along with the fruit cake. Whilst deciding how to resolve this situation, another mouse appeared and pulled its colleague from the jaws of the toaster. They then both run around me in the spirit of celebration. I binned the fruit cake.
Wondering about the connection between fruit cake and madness.

2 comments:

The Editor said...

Are you sure this was a dream though?

The Snoring Man said...

Perhaps not, boundaries are crumbling..