Saturday 14 April 2007

Artesian Arts


This was a dream I had after attending an initial meeting for an art organisation I was involved in called Artesian. It existed to give a forum for 'upwelling art and creativity' mainly involving outsider artists, ie people like me with no training. One of its major features was a magazine, which was one of the major topics at the meeting.
In the dream I could see the people that attended the meeting through a square metal grid (i'm the white one with my back to the camera). They appeared as various shapes, governed no doubt by the impressions and feelings they engendered in me at the time. As you might guess the meeting was a bit of a nightmare. The magazine however contained some excellent stuff and survived for some time before various difficulties gradually brought it down.
The web site still exists and it seems like it might all come back to life.

No comments: