Thursday 5 April 2007

A dream of fresh fish.

I thought I would increase my chances of living a bit longer. So, decided to have two fresh mackerel for my tea. Wonder how much longer you get, an hour for each fish? Anyway, cleaned them, wrapped them in foil and put them on a baking tray in the oven for 30 mins at 180 C. Lit a candle on my table and awaited the ping from the timer. Soon I was sat with them on my plate and they looked delicious. Stuck a fork in mackerel number one and was about to cut my first little slice when they both started to flap madly around. I fell backwards from fright. They were now off the plate and into my salt and pepper. I was really shaken and the old heart was hammering. Never mind living longer, that could have been IT.
Another 10 minutes in the oven next time.

1 comment:

The Editor said...

I'm sure it'll be on the menu somewhere in S.E. Asia.