Saturday 19 May 2007

The Bus Driver

Last night I was driving a double decker bus for a living, £7 an hour, excellent terms and conditions.
I was unsure of my first route and so merely followed the bus stops, thought I couldn't go wrong. I cruised into a docks area, with my infallible plan.
The harbour developed into a pier.
Alas, what I thought was another bus stop was the mast of a schooner alongside the harbour wall.
By this time I was commited to driving along the pier, reversing had not been covered in the training, perhaps I was off that day.
The end of the pier duly arrived, I checked over my shoulder and noted that I had a full compliment of passengers.
So, a three point turn it had to be, perhaps more, as the pier was much the same width as the bus.
Luckily for all fare paying passengers I woke up at that point.

No comments: