Monday 14 May 2007

Time's up.

Sitting having my tea with Callum at his house. In comes his mum, which was a surprise as she was in Italy and not due back for a week. I asked if everything was ok and she replied that the person who they had been staying with had died. A few minutes later she organised a memorial service in the house, people arrived, and so I went out to find some more chairs at her request. The house was in the middle of a shopping centre and as I looked for chairs I noticed that steel shutters were coming down and armed police were everywhere. I asked what was going on and they replied that 5 nuclear devices were in the roof space and due to go off. I abandoned the chair search and returned into the house. I told them they all had to leave. I was told to be quiet. I shouted out about the imminent nuclear threat, still no movement. I then took Callum and left. I noted as I left that the police employed a giant mutant turtle to roar at the house I had just left to get everyone out.
Cars were everywhere and endless queues of people heading out of the city.
The nightmare had begun.

3 comments:

The Editor said...

Was that a teenage mutant hero turtle or a teenage mutant ninja turtle?

"Heroes in a half shell - Turtle POWER!"

Amanda said...

I have just come across your blog. Do you only write down your dream thoughts?

The Snoring Man said...

It was donatello I think.

And, yes amanda, I only write down my dream thoughts. My other, real, rich and fulfilling world, with endless possibilities, seized and ongoing, does not permit time to jot down my daily adventures.