Tuesday 1 May 2007

Dreams within dreams

Last night I was staying in a hostel. Rows of single beds, steel framed and narrow, all in a damp room on the third floor. Snoring, smelly men all around, me probably the worst. Why was I here? Where was here? Seemed like a fire trap, sealed windows from years of overpainting.
Next morning looked outside, I had been staying on the ground floor of a white walled cottage at an island B & B. The other men had melted away. The sun shone like it had been shining forever. The colours of the sky, trees and sea were incredibly clear. A slight warm breeze. Looked like some sort of paradise. A dream within a dream.
Sue and Alison then appeared walking up a road from the past, two people I had never seen in the same frame.
They were really polite to me, not quite a first, but unusual.
Then I woke up, reality, and today it didn't feel so good. The sun was shining as usual, but it seemed like a joke.
Odd little overlap see http://dailyarse.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

The Editor said...

Sue & Alison!
Not Sue and Alison?

THAT would be freaky. Well more or less a nightmare.

The Snoring Man said...

In my bizzaro world, they got on just fine, what a team.

Take cover all round.