Thursday 24 May 2007

A well oiled Sunday.

I went to church last night, The Gate, in Dundee to be exact.
I was given the job of taking the collection with some sort of machine. First of all I took a tour round the congregation to plot a route and take a rough audit of numbers. Several people asked me to sit beside them, popular guy.
I went out to the door again and sprayed the collection machinery with WD 40 to ease its operation. This mild act of preparation caused the entire contraption to fly apart. Shouts of "Be quiet!" came to me as the Minister entered to begin the service. I was surrounded by springs, cogs and a rolling tin of lubricant.
No longer popular I had to confess to all that I had brought the Church to ruin, no more money could be collected.
The shame of it.

5 comments:

The Editor said...

DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE - THIS IS NOT A CIRCULAR.

This proprietry claim of 'Instant Maintenance' has never stacked up.

The God of The Gateway Fellowship may take a dim view.

Basically Christianity looks to The Judgement when you will be put through an assessment as to how well you have maintained your soul THROUGHOUT life.

A brief spray with WD 40 is unlikely to free off any parts that have seized solid from lack of use.

If you have any doubts on this matter I'm sure the Fellowship will provide with a warm welcome and be able to suggest areas of essential maintainance by way of Bible study' before the finals.

Benja Blanco said...

Well, nice blog.

I will have to take some time to read it complete, but certanly i'm gonna try.

See you.

The Snoring Man said...

Hi Biby Cletus and Benjamin, thanks for those comments.
Will probably ignore the post by the Editor at my peril.

l'oste said...

Hi Snoring Man,
I came here following the comments of Biby Cletus...
Well, he/she has just posted the same comment on my Blog: I found it strange, because my blog is written in Italian and it is mainly about domestic politics...nothing that can "worth someone's time" indeed.

Anyway, bring my regards to Scotland!

The Snoring Man said...

Hi l'oste, visited your blog but couldn't decide which one was written by you. I believe blogs can be translated but not progressed to that level.
Regards to you all in Italy.