Wednesday 2 May 2007

The Forgotten BBQ

I woke up from an afternoon nap and found my back garden full of people and motor cars. My befuddled brain clicked round a few notches and realised I had forgotten about a barbeque that I had organised. People stood expectantly around with uncooked sausages. Max the dog went outside for his daily inspection of the garden, ran around rather hysterically and headed out of the front gate straight across the main road. He collided head on with a brick wall at the far side and knocked himself out. I walked across and hoisted him onto my shoulder and headed back across the road. Unexpectantly the road had changed itself into a deep river with 60 foot vertical sides. Black salmon were climbing up the vertical mud towards me. With either extreme bravado or stupidity I launched myself into space heading for the deepest part of the water, complete with Max around my shoulders. History does not record if I survived as I had the good fortune to wake up into another incredible day of sunshine.
Going to be repairing my wall alongside the road or river today, whatever.

No comments: